Thursday, May 15, 2008

She

This is a poem I wrote about a year ago, and recently performed at a Variety Show in my brother's university- Bradford. Enjoy and leave your thoughts

"She"
You are the manifestation of beauty
I try to acknowledge
But I simply am not worthy
I'll damage your innocent cocoon
I'm worldly
You are the modern equivalent of ancient Aphrodite
I try to talk to you
But I simply cannot
You are a Godess, I, I am but a Man
You are perfection
You are not my perfect woman
For by me being imperfect, I cannot concieve perfection
But you:
Flawless
situated above others
Floorless
No tongue spoken by any man can come
halfway close to describing the effect your face has on those-
on those who view it,
Your presence nullifies despair
You have no name
No, wait
Your name is 'She'
She is You
You are She
She is Bathsheba
and I am David, transfixed by your celestial beauty
She is the Queen of Sheba
and I am Solomon, your satisfaction is my duty
at your feet I prostrate
Oh!
Venus Incarnate
You are She
She is you
Who is She?

1 comment:

Adiba said...

have I said this already about this poem? That I see some Shihan in this...esp in the incorporation of biblical references. I see some Saul Williams too...LOL..any poem that appeals to Laura has to have some similarity with the works of Saul Williams.