Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Return 2 Bradford

The weekend was amazing. In a house with 6 Nigerian boys. Chicken. Jollof Rice. Partying. Sexy black girls. what more could a brother ask for...Oh and proper music, not indie rock. To sum it up, it was a blast, dancing till my thighs were cramping, stealing chicks off guys, eating, sleeping (and snoring) missing out on fights and what not.
Lol
Anyway, the party throwers were William and Demmy, my cousin Alex came up from Birmingham. As Demmy and William waited at home to make a grand entry, I and a couple of other guys left for the party. As a special guest, I didn't have to pay shit (others had to pay £3) anyway, we got to the place opened the door, expecting to find a lot of dancing Africans....lol...well, we had Africans, three of them...and they weren't dancing. Well the party was supposed to start at 22:00, and this was 00:00 and there was nobody there. Was this gonna be a flop, had I come to Bradford for a three-person party? Had I misjudged my brother's popularity? Was I to....(sorry I'm out of rhetorical questions)
Anyway, by 1:00 to party was packed and kickin'. Caribbean music, Nigerian music, South-African tunes....everybody dancing..two white people in sight, looking like they were lost. Sweaty black bodies, Gyrating to the bass infused rhythms of hip-hop, chanting to the repetitive choruses of dancehall, Frenzied females drenched in their own perspiration, shaking, shaking, non stop.
In short, it was a party to remember. After the party is the after party....crazy. There was a guy who wanted to get into a fight coz a girl wont let him touch her booty (some guys need help, seriously) Anyway, a taxi was promptly called for the guy and off he went..back to the hole he crawled out from.
Anyway, Sunday came, and everyone was too damn tired to go to church...so we tidied up and I scurried back home to Sunderland.....sorry old Sunderland, a city where you can play 'Spot the black person!'
Anyway, I'm having a dinner on Sunday, coz it's my birthday, I'm gonna be 19 yay, I'm still young (I love being young) having a couple friends over, eat chicken, and more chicken, and a bit more chicken...and some fish..because I feel fish have largely being ignored by many students.
Anyway, I'm off yeah!

2 comments:

Adiba said...

Hey I see we are back on the blog, Love it...Had I misjudged my brothers popularity? thats hell funny...aaw Look at it this way you only have less than 20months left in S.land...Patience big brother! O yes your birthday is around the corner....what would you like your ever so generous sister to cop for you.

Anonymous said...

congrats u r getting closer to 20! xx Luce