Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Kingdom


So I saw the Kingdom on Monday, with my flatmates Fiona and Vishal, and it blew me away, it has one of the most emotional endings, and one of the most thought provoking as well. Jamie Foxx does an amazing job (duh!) the action scenes are well directed, only problem is a felt they went a bit Hollywood sometimes, you know, the whole....5 people kill 20 others without reloading, or being injured (mind you, the good guys are on the ground, and the bad guys are on balconies, now you don't need to be a precision-robot to shoot fools on the ground) and also the whole nick-of-time shit, like they about to kill a good guy but he gets saved in the nick of time (and no one heard his friends coming in)....I'm like kill him already....damn.
Anyway, not to slander the movie, it was really good, I'll give it 9.5/10. I recommend it to everybody...it'll prompt some people to go do research into the Middle-East.

No comments: