Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hihi

Okay, I have been a very terrible blogger. Is it laziness, is it purposeful neglect, have I abandoned blogging?, I really don't know what happened, let's just be happy that your favourite blogger is back. When I returned from Nigeria in August, I promised I'll write a blog on my experience....as you can see...there were no blogs written in August, so I'll try to write a bit of my Nigerian experience here.
As you know Common's album "Finding Forever" was released on July 31st, and I have been bumping it ever since, the soulful samples of Kanye West calm my soul, while Common's hard, witty rhymes make me bump my head and smile, because real hip-hop has returned. (I'll be writing a review later)

What I found out...

1- University scrolls are blank (for some dumb reason I thought that was the certificate)
2- Porters deserve high payment (it takes a lot to push an airport trolley for a few mintutes, certainly worth more than 200 Naira)
3- One needs a bulletproof vest to go to the airport (coz there's a high chance of getting shot)
4- Someone is always shitting at the waterside when you want to take a picture of the river (Always)
5- Photographing butterflies is really annoying (....why are they called butterflies anyway, do they eat butter...or look like butter...or can you make butter with them??)
6- Okada's are quite safe (but I won't ride them again)
7- Nigeria is dangerous (DUH!)
8- Nigerian girls are pretty (some are UGLY!!)
9- The King's wife is fine (what...it had to be said)
10- Some people can speak pidgin, but not proper English (damn...)

Anyway, I promise never to neglect my blog again....Amen (I hope)

...and as for the blog title (Hihi) it's pronounced "HeeHee" not "HighHigh", it's like a snickering laugh after doing something stupid. Hihi

No comments: