Friday, October 02, 2009

Tecnologia

After the sad demise of my beloved mp3 player, I decided to upgrade to an iPod touch (seen here on the right) as some of you may already know, my iPod is suffering from the classic ailment of not being able to run downloaded applications, I hope to remedy that on one long weekend (as it involves removing all of my more than 1000 songs on it)
For three years I have been using a rather archaic phone (the Nokia 1600) a phone with no camera, no organiser, or calendar, no ability to view pictures, in fact I think it's most advanced feature was the alarm clock.
I had been content with this phone for a long time, but with my increasing need to consume news and read current affairs I felt I needed to update to a device that could enable me to do that, anywhere, anytime. I had heard that network provider 3 gave a very good deal on the Nokia E63, with just a top up of £10, one gets 150MB of internet, that's enough to check Facebook over 100 times a day, or send 1,600 tweets, every day, and I don't think I'm that much of an addict, so that allowance will be underused. The capability that I was more excited about was the Skype application on the phone which enables me to access my account and call and recieve phonecalls from my phone. The deal also gives me 300 free texts when I top up, so it's a real bargain.
So there you have it, my new technologies. I think I'll have to start keeping my keys in my right trouser pocket along with my wallet as I don't want to scratch the screen of the phone, which also means my iPod will switch to the left pocket along with the phone..

1 comment:

Adiba said...

hahhha.....lol..."a rather archaic phone"