Friday, December 12, 2008

What University is all about


Although I'm studying Public Relations, the optional modules I do are not closely related to PR, I decided to do this to broaden my knowledge base, what's the point of coming out of uni and not knowing anything but Public Relations, so this year I'm doing a module on popular music, and since I'm a hip-hop aficionado, and African-American studies is a topic I have huge interest in, I decided to do my essay on the representation of Black women in Hip-Hop, hugely fun, and it is quite surprising that our uni has quite a number of relevant books on the issue, taking into account that we don't have a degree on African-American studies, anyway, I just thought I should blog about this, I'm taking the pics at a wedding tomorrow, so I got to go get my suit ready.

No comments: