Wednesday, December 10, 2008

L'Etude de Poisson





I decided to buy some fish (specifically Sprats, from the genus Sprattus) and I decided to get Natasha out (Natasha being my camera) and take some really close up pictures of the fish.
I thought fish were the perfect subject to test the macro capabilities of my camera. I set up the fish in nice compositions and shot them using many calibrations. It was fun. Although at the end of the exercise the flat smelled like fish, I decided to eat the subjects later but I had just had chicken earlier, and frankly the smell repulsed me, not particularly bad, but very...fishy, I know what you are thinking "How else is fish supposed to smell?" well, the fish I usually eat a.k.a sardines and tuna have a nice smell to them, Sprats have a very common bad fish smell.
Anyway, enjoy my fish

1 comment:

Rodger said...

Hi Julian,
Good test of your macro lens. The last images are not in the best focus yet. Try another super close up on some other subject - smaller than sprats and let me see.
Daddy