Monday, November 24, 2008

Signs you're in the 3rd year or Signs that Julian is going crazy

Well I'm going to be doing my dissertation in PR this year, it's due on the 30th of April, and I've upped the research to another notch, hoping to start writing mid-December. Of course, this being 3rd year there are still other essays to be done, I have one on my popular music module, where I'll be discussing the representations of African-American women in Hip-Hop music.
All these essays have profoundly changed my life, I can't walk through the library anymore without grabbing some book and searching the index to find if it has anything relevant in it regarding my essays.
Last night I went to bed with my mp3 player on, sprang up in the middle of the night, I just had a eureka moment regarding a song I could discuss in my essay. I keep on jotting down new ideas in my phone and making mental notes of discussions I have with people in which they may have said something of note.
Wow..anyway, it's 11:26 I can't have a shower yet because the maintenance guy just came in and changed the rubber lining in the shower and I have to wait for a few hours for it to set, so it's just me and the music. Well, dissertation first and then music essay, then nap, then more work.
Such is life my friend, such is life.

Oh, and the new Kanye West joint "808s & Heartbreak" is too good for words

No comments: