Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Poetry

It has dawned on me that my recent poems have always been gloomy, talking about the dark part of humanity, and the nasty aspects of people. Not just my poems, but that of people in my circle of poets.
So I put pen to paper to write a poem that was happy, or at least about happy things, what else brings as much joy as the great Sun.
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you my latest poem:

Sunshine and Daisies
by Julian Obubo

The bright rays of the Sun
they beam themselves through the slits of my blinds
I, blinded by the light
make my way to the window
to let in the Sun
Vishnu has awoken
Amun-Ra asserts his presence
Peace on earth
The little plants begin photosynthesis
That's what our teachers tell us
The Sun
Source of all Power
The earth is but a little sphere
hurridly making its way around her
Great Hot Mother of all
and at night, rest she does
so her children, the stars, come out and play
under the watchful eye of their sister: Selene
Morning will come
Morning always comes
and rise she must

and as for Daisies?
They are pretty

2 comments:

Rodger said...

Hi Julian,
I am sure you mean "Daisies", the plural form of daisy. Or would you hide under a poetic license. I think not!!
Daddy

Unknown said...

Merci, that's one word I always misspell