Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Sunday or The Benefit of Duality


We had a game on Sunday, against the University of Hull. Nigeria had a game on Sunday, against Ghana, finally, the Superbowl (akin to FA finals) was taking place that evening. 3 big events in one day.
My alliances were as follows:
As for our game against Hull, we had to win, it's my team, I play on it, and winning makes me feel better.

As for the Nigeria vs Ghana game, WE had to win, and when I say WE, I use it liberally, I have been blessed with having Nigerian and Ghanaian blood flowing through mmy arteries. So my allegiance was with both teams, I will cheer when Ghana scores, and I will also cheer when Nigeria scores, I like to call it 'National Selection'...I actually missed the game, because I was on a three hour trip from Hull to Sunderland, so William (Obubo) had to keep me updated.
I returned to hear that Ghana had been victorious, The Super Eagles had been blinded and felled by the Shining Black Star. I was pleased, I went over to a Nigerian friends house to gloat at the 'Mediocre Eagles' the supposed Number 1 team in Africa. She was horrified to find out I had Ghanaian blood! I couldn't have been much prouder.
Now all Ghana has to do is win the cup....or else, I'll have to start investigating any possible links to Ivory Coast.

The Superbowl was amazing...The New England Patriots vs The New York Giants...I supported the Giants..and occasionally the Patriots, but mostly the Giants, and the Giants won, so I had a good night sleep!

This week would be spent laughing at my Nigerian brethren, and getting in touch with my Ghanaian roots. Akwaaba!!!!

1 comment:

Adiba said...

LOL Julez..you are patriotically confused. you didn't say how ur Hull game went.