Saturday, February 09, 2008

Le Cold

Yes, the forces of the "Common Cold" also frightenly known as: Acute viral nasopharyngitis, or acute coryza have caught up with me. The virus struck me down on Tuesday night...It's amazing how some microscopic bastards can bring so much discomfort to humans..I lay in bed all day, breathing through my mouth, stuffy nosed, weak, with a fever, inability to sleep...all around general bad day.
The next day I decided to tackle the virus by the...helix..or whatever body parts viruses have.
Stage one was to get the necessary medicines:
Common cold capsules and Vicks Inhalers
Stage 2 was to get the necessary alternative medicines:
Lime & Lemon
Stage 3 was to add more vitamins to my high carb diet
Canned fruits- yay. The Government recommends 5 fruits a day...lets just say I fall way off the mark..but don't get me wrong, fruit features prominently in my daily activities...my shower gel smells of pomegranate and raspberry...my chicken marinade has lemon in it...there's peppers and chillies in my pasta sauce (I figure peppers are fruits right?...) but No, I don't subscribe to the five 'discernable' pieces of fruits a day, because frankly, it's boring...
But hey, I had a cold, and these things called fruits have vitamins, and your body cannot create enough vitamins by itself...so I decided to supplement by diet with: VITAMINS!
So yes, for the past 2 days, there's being a whole lotta fruit eating, capsule swallowing and inhaler inhaling...hopefully by weeks start I should be back to full health.

1 comment:

Rodger said...

You seem to have forgotten about Ghana's loss to Cameroon and kept silent on this issue in your latest blog.
Your inquiries into some quaint links with Cote d'Ivoire may also for now be shelved after their 4-1 drubbing by the pharaohs. With a team captain called Drogba, it is no wonder they were drubbed. Now perhaps a Cameroonian link is what you will crave for or would you need to trace back to the first pharaohs.
Football success has many relatives - especially distant cousins!!
Daddy