Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kirk Franklin

Don't get me wrong, I like Kirk and his music, but what I don't get is that, all he does is prodcuce the music, probably write some songs, and repeat the end of every line. The majority of the vocals are done by his group, but it is KIRK that appears on the album cover. As if that's not bad enough, he does not just sit down and smile, he has covers like a photo of his wet head, looking like a swimmer who lost a race. The best and probably vaniest one is the cover of his new album: The Fight of My Life. The album cover shows Kirk as a boxer who just knocked his opponent to the ground, and he stands menacingly over, while the ref prevents Kirk from probably landing a few more blows.
I wonder how the singers feel
Kirk: That's guys, that's the last song, the album is done!
Singers: Hallelujah!!
Kirk: The album cover shoot is next week, I won't be available much, I need to go to the gym
Singers: How is the cover going to look like?
Kirk: We are still deciding, but right now, all I know is that I'm shirtless
Singers: On the cover?
Kirk: Yeah, and the back as well. Okay, gym time. Thanks again

No comments: