Thursday, January 31, 2008

God's Greatest Creation

I was pondering upon the question, What is God's greatest creation. Now, I know each of his creations from the mundane mushroom to the wondrous whale are all marvellous, and of course us humans, made in HIS own image. However which of his creation affects us humans in the most positive way? is it the mountains, the trees, the rivers, is it man's so called best friend: the dog, or man's so called 'other' best friend: the horse, what creature, mobile or immobile, living or non-living gives immearsurable pleasure to humans. I thought, I pondered, and I wondered, and I came up with the answer: THE CHICKEN!
Yes, the chicken, or domesticated fowl, fondly known to zoologists as 'gallus gallus' no other animal was universally accepted as edible. Not the cow, oh No, for the Hindu will not eat it, not the humble Boar, No Sir, for the Jew will not touch it. Could it be the Stupid Sheep, which features prominently in the three main faiths, well it's distribution is limited. What animal is the universal code for food, what animal can be found from Cape Town to Cairo, from San Francisco to Ulan Bator, it is the noble Chicken.
Accepted worldwide, known to the Germans as Huhn, to the French as poulet, the Spanish call it Pollo, so do the Italians, known in Zulu as inkuku, the chicken has been putting smiles on people's faces for centuries. Eaten at Christmas, New Year, Birthdays, Marriages, the chicken graces every occassion with its tender succulent flesh (depending on cooking technique)
The chicken also provides man with the famous EGG, the EGG has grown each and every one of us up. Found on school Nutrition charts under Protein. The egg is found in cakes, biscuits, chin-chin, Scotch eggs (obviously)...the egg has been pivotal to human survival!
The chicken, the great chicken, in it's different shapes and sizes, breeds and varieties, with it's famous crow, that even Jesus had to remark about. The chicken, we are eternally indebted to God for Him providing us with this bird, this flightless food factory. Imagine a world without chicken.....what would be be eating?....Turkey, and you know how ugly they are.

The Chicken: God's Greatest Creation

9 comments:

Adiba said...

nice one..in Yoruba Mythology a Chicken had something to do with the way the earth was designed. you cud predict this one coming.... KIP it up Julez :D

Anonymous said...

Chicken is AMAZING! I believe chickens are actually God's greatest creation, i've never thought about it before but i feel that you have made a discovery that should be shown to the world!

Anonymous said...

Interesting opinon on the chicken. But is God's greatest creation really a poultry with a pea shaped brain? It might help to keep us alive and provide nutritional value, but so can the potato.

Anonymous said...

You wrote about the chicken then the egg. Now i know what came first, thanks! great post, keep it up

Anonymous said...

I love this piece of writing...i pondered, and i wondered, and i came up with the answer: THE CHICKEN!
I makes THE CHICKEN sounds like the master off all meat. And it is.
Eaten by everyone i agree God's Greatest Creation!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog, its clever, its witty, its intelligent and its funny. It makes you want to continue reading, no matter what you are talking about.

I just read your blog on the football, superbowl etc, and those who know me, know i HATE sports, but i read it, i read it as fast as i eat a piece of Nandos chicken (again those who know me, will know that is fast)

You are really talented, so keep on blogging. I will be reading.

Chicken rules.

lisa hogan said...

I luuuuuurrrrve chicken Jules. Is it just me or does this chicken look rather content? Just look at it sitting there with its legs crossed and that vacant stare, (due to the lack of a head) it just looks like it had really good crack with the others chicks and chaps. lisa

Matt said...

A good topic to discuss. O yea. It brings religious and factual descprition about a topic that many people would belive to be silly or insophisticated but what do they know. I personally like it and like the picture of well cooked chicken. Its all pucca! I wouldn't mind eatiung that bad boy right now i'm bloody starving!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have the ability to make me think about everyday things in a totally different perspective!

It's never something I've ever thought about, what is God's greatest creation. I would love to believe that God's greatest creation was something of great wonder and amazement. Thinking that it might actually be the chicken, it's kind of an anti-climax. You would think it would be some one of a kind thing.. whereas the chicken can be seen everywhere from farms to Tesco.

But despite that, I believe you're right. If I was to give you a tour of my fridge/freezer right about now, it would contain a few of life's essentials.. milk, cheese and every form of chicken substance you can imagine!

So I believe when you say that Chicken is God's greatest creation.. because without chicken.. I wouldn't be here now would I?