Thursday, December 13, 2007

Vend or Die (Murphy's Law Part II)


Why is this happening to me?

On Monday we had a break in our PR lecture, so hungry me went down to get my usual "McCoy Flame Grilled Steak flavoured crisps"...or chips..u get the idea. So I slotted my 50p in, and watched as the coils turned, waiting for my crisps to drop for collection...I watched in agony, as the bag wouldn't fall. I pressed for my coin to be returned..but to no avail. Now I aint about to go look for a technician to come rescue my chips, so I abused the vending machine and went on with my day.
Tuesday came..Vishal and I went to the library (like the Cool-Nerds we are)..he got his crisps, they were readily vended. My turn, as usual, I slotted my 50p in, and watched as the coils turned, waiting for my crisps to drop, fresh in my memory was yesterday's encounter with the Evil machine. I joked to V, asking him what the chances were of my crisps getting stuck again.
The machine must have heard...I watched in agony, as the bag wouldn't fall. "Noooo" I exclaimed! this cannot be happening...thankfully the Vending gods showed mercy on me and I got my much needed crisps!
So for now I'm avoiding these 'Racist machines' that constantly deny the black man his right to nutrition!

No comments: