Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Brain that Wouldn't Die


I'm finished with all my work (Thank Jesus) so I cook myself some nice pasta and roast chicken, thinking of what to watch? Scrubs? Everybody hates Chris?..I went on Stage6 and browsed for movies. I stumbled on "The Brain that Wouldn't Die" and I was very impressed. The whole atmosphere of the movie is very serene and understated, the dialogue is a bit wooden sometimes, but the jazz soundtrack is amazing, and as far as I'm concerned the cinematography and directing are superb.
Basically the movie is about a young surgeon who is obssessed with transplanting human parts, well one day as he travels with his fiance to his lab, they have an accident and she is decapitated, well..he saves her head and manages to bring her head to life (her body burnt in the crash)...He is bent on marrying her, so he goes about trying to get a body for his lover. Meanwhile, Jan, his fiance..or Jan-in-the-pan is not impressed with her boyfriend preserving her in a body-less state. That's basically it, well there's other important stuff, but it will spoil it for you who want to watch it. And no it's not horror, there's very very little blood (..it's in black and white)The movie is just peculiar.
I recommend it a.k.a LAURA go and watch it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.