Saturday, June 02, 2007

Food is Good

So there was a dinner get2 getha stuff at the chaplains house today. So the members of the CU met up and ate, there was fried rice, jollof rice, egusi, pounded yam and loads of meat. FUN!
Well I got into a discussion with this Nigerian girl about the recent Nigerian elections, I said they were rigged, she said they werent. Normally I love discussions, but I stopped, coz this girl was the same girl that had never heard of Bayelsa, never heard of Ijaw people (askin me if I was Hausa, Yoruba or Ibo), same girl who wasn't sure of her state, she eventually remembered Anambra! I think she's been in England too long, anyway. Someone who doesn't know the proper demographics of Nigeria is in no position whatsoever to get into a discussion about the fairness of the elections. I was so insulted when she said she had never heard of Ijaw people, the 4th largest ethnic group. She must be trippin.

Anyway, I'm off to London on Sunday morning. chilllllllllll

No comments: