Saturday, November 25, 2006

Word to my Momma!

I penned this a few days ago:

Now I Cry
A mother's love
A mother's love
A mother's love
Three times
only two times three
was the age of the number two son
when his number one mum
left us
one-five,one,nine-five
no tissue
no tear
no issue
her other issues looked on, perplexed
Death is far too complex
the infant,
far too innocent
to comprehend
but me too,
far too young
to understand
The father, eyes red and wet
but I stand still
The warmth that nursed me is still
Still, Cold
Till we meet again
the hymn goes
Now Eighteen
I Cry,

because I couldn't cry when I was six
Death was far too complex
Now I Cry,
Now I Cry for her
Now I can comprehend Death
Now I Understand life without Her

and I was also inspired by Nas' ode to his mom, so I penned a verse to Dance

Dance
If I could dance with my momma I will
My heart gets heavy and my eyes fill
Why couldn’t you leave another day?
Why’d it have to be that way?
Can’t believe it, I was only six
There’s nothing all my prayers can fix
But your young face is infixed in my memory
Momma I love you till the day, there can’t be any rivalry
I want my wife and daughter to be like you
Have your qualities, face, smile, and talk like you
True, I can’t bring up the dead
But I’ll take six pieces of lead
To see you
I cry at times, but ain’t no way to see you
Please do!
Beg God, ask him for a leave
Your youngest son needs to see you, he needs to believe
I know only God can judge us
Till today I still have trouble bearing the loss
And during your funeral I pictured you going up
Why did that doctor have to mess up?
But no matter what I say
I can’t change the past
Momma I love you, I wish for one last
Dance!

No comments: