Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Thousand and Ten

It's a shame that we ran into double digit dates before I posted something this new year. Well, I have a post coming up this Friday, well that's if I decide it's not too personal to post. I've noticed that the last few posts have been about the inner workings of my mind and consciousness, I guess that's what it says on the tin, after all my blog tagline is 'An insight into the life of Julian E. Obubo', but my posts have become less about an account of things that go on outside me, but more of an analysis of things that are going on within. That necessarily need not be a cause for concern, but I think I can be less humorous about the thoughts, confusions and dilemmas in my head than I can be with my observations of my surroundings, and I am afraid that my next post would probably be my most personal yet, I have written it down on paper, it is quite a lengthy piece on dealing with loss and grief, and I am still not sure if I want to share the deepest parts of my psyche with the world.
Then why write it down in the first place?, you may ask...well, for me, and I guess for lots of others, writing is very cathartic, its a process whereby I can iron out the rumpled and creased barrage of emotions within me, it's a form of therapy. I can stop and pause and slowly and soberly critique my life. Of course I also have to remember that my blog is in the public sphere, and if I have chosen to share my thoughts with you all then it is my duty to entertain, whether with humour or with intelligence. It is only of late that I have begun writing deeply about myself and my beliefs, I don't want to keep a diary because I know I won't fill it out daily, but every now and then I pick up a pen and take stock of things that are going on in my life, I am a very self-aware individual, and I frequently, if not perpetually evaluate myself.
I guess the point of this particular post is just to tell my readers that my posts may become more personal in nature, but I shall try to keep them light and funny as I hope I have done successfully in the past.
My hopeful post on Friday will deal with the loss of my mother in 1995 and how I have dealt (and I'm dealing) with it, it was therapeutic to convert those emotions into words and I hope it may lead to people understanding me better.

However, it's a New Year so I'll end on a cheery note and leave you with a picture from Christmas Day with my cousins



click on photo for a larger version

No comments: