Tuesday, December 04, 2007

N.E.R.D


When someone says 'My card is maxed out', they are usually speaking of a credit card, or some other money related card. Well, my card is maxed out, and, no its not a credit card, it's my library card. Yes, you heard me, my LIBRARY card. Now I have three essays due in the next 2 and a half weeks, one due this Thursday (I'm starting tomorrow, it's only a critical evaluation, once you've written one, you've written all) the other ones are Media related, and I have to get an 80% or above on one of them. I have to!
So I'm at the Murray Library browsing for books, I get a huge pile and I'm checking them out (self-check)...all of a sudden a warning message on the screen saying that I had reached my maximum of 15 loans (I had other loans for other essays and projects at home)...damn, what is a brother who's just tryna get an education to do?, I looked through my books, I had checked all but 3 out, so I returned 2 books that I didn't think were that necessary and I checked 2 new ones in, that means I had 1 unchecked book...and it was absolutely necessary. I thought, I pondered, I wondered. The library is fitted with sensors that detect and apparently alarm when someone attempts to leave the building with an unchecked book.
I was like, "whatever!", I'm gonna take this book illegally, but for a good cause. Imagine that, stealing for an education! So I placed all my books in my bag and walked out of the library (I wasn't even bothered if it was gonna alarm)...and out I walked...no sound, no bother, Nada!
And now I'm in the process of writing these essays....C'est la vie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRIMINAL!..illegally checkin out books on terrorism...dude that's some deeper shit