Thursday, December 06, 2007

Clubbin' with the Williams



Yesterday I had my critical evaluation to write. I started at 14:00 got about halfway and then off to American Football. Now I was planning to come back from training, do the essay and have an early night. Well...I did all but the early night part. William (Smith) told me in training that he was gonna have a night out in Sunderland, his first and last night out in this 'great' city. I couldn't miss my homies introduction into the wierd world of white clubs. although it was hip-hop night. (Bear in mind, William is from Atlanta)
So off home I went, finished the essay, grabbed a shower and off to The Blu Bambu. Let's just say it was a crazy night! I lost my specs while dancing...or more accurately while attempting to 'Touch the Sky'
When Wyclef's song 'Sweetest Girl' came up, everyone pulled out their currency (usually a foreign currency, coz there aint nothing flashy about a 5 pound note)...William (Cunningham) got his Zimbabwean and Russian notes out, I got my One pound note from the 70s, and basically, you fling the money hysterically in the air.
What a night, after crazy grinding from William (Smith)during J.Holiday's 'Bed', the night sadly came to an end. We went downstairs to the mainstream part of the club, and sang Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas is you!!'.....
Then off to the famous Glass Spider for a repeat stage performance of 'GoodLife'....Crazy stuff.
I started at 9.00AM in the morning, and I only got back home around 4:20. William (Smith) went to sleep on the couch and I slowly went up to my Duvet-less bed and slept.
I woke up on time, but I was late for my lecture coz William and I had breakfast, chilling and discussing the differences between North East England clubs and American clubs...
Lol..some funny shit. Fiona, my flatmate is on her teaching placement, so she is up early (school starts at 8)...she went into the living room in her usually bubbly self, thinking who the hell is that on the couch, peeped over to be greeted by a sleeping black man....scary innit?
Ahhh what a great night. Clubbin in Sunderland aint like clubbin in Bradford.........its much much......worse, but I love it!

No comments: