Thursday, June 21, 2007

Late Registration

So, the time has come for me to leave the Forge. My coach was at 8.55, so I was ready by 7.40, ready to give my keys in early, in case they did routine checks on the room. To my amazement…nothing! Just sign, hand in keys and that’s it! I was shocked! I mean, I know the Forge is no longer gonna be used, but what if I vandalised the room, stole curtains or stole a sink, or stole the toaster or the microwave!....yeah they could contact me later, but it’s gone for now. Anyway, the Metro was down, so I had to walk to Park Lane, got there, saw tons of old people, I was like “Oh, Hell Naww” they aint all goin to London, luckily…they were catching other coaches! Anyway, I got in, took my usual spot at the back (Julian Parks) and chilled to music, hoping no one came to sit next to me……but all that was short-lived…at Middlesbrough, there was a whole lotta people ready to get it, and my technique of ‘bag on the next seat, and eyes shut (pretending to be sleeping)’ would be viewed as selfish and mean. So I removed my bag and made the seat available, but still shut my eyes, coz it’s kinda weird to sit next to a sleeping person…or so I thought! Next thing, this noisy ass family have trapped me, their youngest son was like a kid on crack, restless, and the two girls in front of me were equally as noisy. I had no choice; I had to force myself to sleep….and sleep I did! And it was sweet.
Got to London at 16.33, I wasn’t gonna call my Aunt and let her bother with sending someone to get me……No……I was gonna go all the way to her house…All by myself…easy….well easy if London Transport is on your side. Long story short, I was hoping on and off trains….at least I wasn’t lost or anything.
So…got on the final bus to the house….these white-trash (and I say this in a non-racist form…I mean they were Caucasian and they were trashy, thus the term white-trash…why their race has to be highlighted is for a whole nother blog) anyway, they came with some new puppies they had just acquired, licking them, kissing them, u know how they do, nasty stuff. Anyway some Nigerian dude on the bus got into a verbal exchange with one of them coz they didn’t show him enough respect “Im older than your father”, said he, “Whatever” said she. Lol anyway, it wasn’t heated or nothing, but everyone could hear. Then they- white trash inc. began discussing men and how men are this and that, to the hearing of everyone else. Anyway, I’m here now at my second home…or fourth home. 1st- Arnhem 2nd- Opukuma 3rd- Sunderland 4th- London. Who would have thought, a young rascal living in the Ibadan projects (hey! There was no running water) would go and ‘conquer’ Europe!

No comments: