Monday, April 23, 2007

Jesus is Lord

Okay, the title has nothing to do with the post. lol. Okay, I told myself yesterday that I had to do my essay today- Monday- 23rd. Okay. Woke up 14.00 (coz I went to bed at 7.00) went to the library to get the necessary books (17:00) guess who I see at the library- Sipho. He tells me how he got community service for DUI. We get the books, walk home. But on the way home- GUESS WHAT!!!! - we pass- THE CINEMA. Now, people that know me know that for me the Cinema is just a glorified Crackhouse. The place where I go to satisfy my cravings. The place where I forget all responsibilities, I forget all the worlds ills, as I sit in front of a Giant screen, sipping on Soda, Meticulously ingesting Warner Brother latest movie.
The Cinema, where legalised crack is given to Fools like Me...& Sipho. So what was supposed to be a routine- "Let's see what's hot" turned out to be- "Gimme a ticket for the Reaping please". Yes, THE REAPING with the Gorgeous Hilary Swank, and Idris Elba. Anyway I'm not gonna bore you with the details of it, but it's about a town that is experiencing the 10 plagues of Egypt. (So you know I had to cover my eyes during the plague of Boils) but the Movie is AMAZING (with Oprah voice).
But as usual the black guy dies, lol. But for once he took up a major part of the movie, and he didn't die stupidly.
Good Movie, and open end as well- there could be Part II!!! den den den den.
Now time to start the essay................this time for real. Effie White- I BANISH YOU! lol
Cheers Laura- read ur blog- Langston!

2 comments:

Adiba said...

aaw...crackhouse open for the only two black guys in sunnyland.....Hollywoods gonna milk you dry Julez

Adiba said...

haha..funny Julez..the title has absolutely nothing to do with the content