Friday, November 24, 2006

Jay-Z is Back


New York, New York we back! yes yes yes, I am officially overjoyed, Jay-Z has dropped his much anticipated album 'Kingdom Come', and its the biggest selling album of the year so far, 850,000 in its first week, thats almost a Million. Damn! Stop it, this man is a Legend, JayHova. As far as I'm concerned, the critics can criticize, but the album is a classic. Yes a classic, 5 stars. Plus, it might even win the Grammy for best album packaging, coz the cover is even better than Diddy's, it comes with a red-see through sheet, (the pic u see) but when U remove the red cover, there is another pic, a green pic, Jay-Z with glasses, so its really innovative. I am listening to his album as I am writing this. His lyricism game is on top, no doubt. Only one track I aint really feeling- 'Anything' featuring Usher and Pharrell- NOW TIME TO CRITICISE PHARRELL, Skateboard P needs to check himself, coz his recent beats are very very bland. The song sounds forced, and P did not need to be on it. He is such a track bully. Anyway, High points are 'Oh My God' 'Kingdom Come' 'Show me what you got' 'Lost ones' 'I Made it' 'Minority report' and the standout track is 'Beach Chair' featuring Chris Martin from Coldplay, also produced by Martin. Wierd title 'Beach chair' but you have to listen to understand it. Thank God, Scott Storch didn't come on this album and give generic bushtit, Yeah, I'm smiling right now, coz I am so damn exicited HOV IS BACK. Now when Nas drops, we can say 2006 was a good year for Hip-Hop, Two classics (Jay-Z and Nas) and VVGA (Very Very Good Albums) from T.I., Diddy, Ludacris, Method Man, and Ghostface. Hip-Hop has woken from a coma, now Nelly has to come and liven things up.
But go and buy Jay-Z's album, now! It's necessary.

No comments: